BRACKNELL COBRAS CENTRAL VENUE LEAGUE
1. There are leagues for U10, U12, U14 and U16 teams.
2. The winning team scores 3 league points
3. The losing team scores 1 league point
4. No draws are permitted. There will be a 2 min period of extra time followed by ‘the golden basket’
5. Any team forfeiting a match scores 0 league points.
6. Any team unable to fulfil a fixture must give at least two weeks’ notice or they will incur a fine of £70
7. At the end of the season if two or more teams are tied the results between these teams are taken into consideration in the way that ties in the BBL are decided. There will be a trophy for the winning team in each age group.
8. There will be play-offs at the end of the season for each group. Medals will be awarded to the winning team in each age group.
1. U16: For boys teams players must be in school year 11 or under. For girl’s only teams, players must be in year 13 or under. Girls are permitted to play in a mixed U16 team & may be in year 13 or under but cannot be registered to play NL.
2. U14: For boys teams players must be in school year 9 or under. For girl’s only teams, players must be in year 11 or under. Girls are permitted to play in a mixed U14 team & can be in year 11 or under but cannot be registered to play NL.
3. U12: For boys teams all players must be in school year 7 or under. For U12 girls teams players can be in year 9 or under. Girls are permitted to play in a mixed U12 team and may be year 9 or under but they cannot be registered to play NL.
4. For U10 ALL players must be in school year 5 or below the team can be a mix of boys & girls. Girls cannot play down at U10.
5. Players may play for one club only. If they are eligible, players may play for the same club in more than one age group. They may not, however, play for more than one team in the same age group.
1. A match fee of £65 per team will be charged at each league evening, payable on the night (cash) or in advance (bank transfer)
2. Teams must consist of a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 12 players.
3. A team with fewer than 8 will concede 5 points (U-16), 4 points (U-14), or 2 points (U-12) per player less than 8.
4. Unless they are fouled out or injured the same 5 players must play for the whole of the first quarter and a different 5 must play for the whole of the second quarter. Any players who do not play in the first half must start the second half. (Passerelle rules).
5. If there are fewer than 8 players in a team, the opposing coach selects which players cannot play in the second quarter.
6. Substitutions are allowed in the 3rd and 4th quarters.
7. Players or coaches disqualified from a game shall serve an automatic one match ban.
8. The CVL is a development league. As such U16, U14 & U12 teams are permitted to have a maximum of 2 National League registered players in their team with one on court at a time. Nl registered girls are not permitted to play down an age group.
9. At any time all players & coaches may be required to show photo licence cards.
1. U14 & U16 4 quarters of 10 minutes running clock. The clock will only be stopped for time outs. At U12 & U10 4 quarters of 8 minutes running clock. .
2. 1 minute between quarters.
3. 3 minutes half time.
4. One time-out per quarter.
5. Teams must arrive 15 minutes prior to their tip off time. Teams must also have a completed team sheet and team subs ready prior to the game.
1. Only half court man for man defence, to be played in the U10,U12 & U14 leagues. If a team has to be reminded of this more than 3 times then they will lose possession on each subsequent occasion.
2. You may play full court defence in the last quarter of an U16 game but once there is a difference of 20 points the winning team must remove the press.
1. Four team fouls per quarter. After which two shots shall be given against the offending team for any subsequent foul.
2. Five personal fouls.
7. Code of Conduct
This is a development league, so basic standards of sportsmanship, such as players shaking hands, thanking referees and table officials are expected as a matter of common courtesy.
1. Referees will be provided by the League
2. Referees will be qualified at Level 1 as a minimum but they may be inexperienced. Coaches, players & parents must at all times be respectful to the refs. Anyone not doing this may be asked to leave.
Click the icon below for the downloadable PDF